Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Uncertainty and The Absolute

Nothing seems to be certain in this world I see around me. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING is subject to change without notice. Quoting lyrics by Incubus which I've modified to suit my purpose, "Temporaryism has become the Jesus of our age". Sad, but very true. In fact, I might be tempted to go out and say that the only thing certain about the world we live in, is uncertainty. That, however, invites far too many contradictions.

Anything, and everything could be viewed from at least two very different points of view. Hence, the scope for change ergo, uncertainty. Heisenberg could have probably been a philosopher when he proposed his very popular uncertainty theory. He states that nothing can be measured in perfect exactness because everything is in a constant state of change. How far from the truth is that? It's dead on. If you ask me, there is no such thing as being absolute. Then again, my very statement negates its meaning. It's quite amazing if you think about it in detail. One of those things that my mind loves poking around, is this concept of the absolute.

What is something that's absolute? When is something absolute? Well there could be some rather simple answers to that question. One could try "If something is confirmed by undeniable fact, it is absolute." But then, one would have to question the "undeniable fact" concerned in the matter. Is it truly undeniable? Nothing, is undeniable. Nothing, is irrefutable. Nothing, can claim itself to be free from the possibility of change, or deviation from belief. Not even these words of mine which flow now as a part of some random thoughts flowing through my head. In fact, I haven't stopped typing since I got started on this one so, if there are any contradicting parts to this, point them out because thanks to the "edit post" function, this post is CERTAINLY SUBJECT TO CHANGE! ;)

No comments: